Connie Kreitzman
Village of Clyman
713 Morgan Street
PO Box 129
Clyman, WI 53016

Home : Village Meeting Minutes

Selected Village Meeting Minutes
Regular Village Board Meeting
Aug 17, 2020

                                                                                      Village of Clyman

Regular Board Meeting

August 17, 2020

6:00 PM

Call to Order/Attendance –The August 17, 2020 Village of Clyman Board meeting was called to order by President Marty Pint at 6:02 p.m. with Village Trustees, Beth Baehmann, Todd Grady, Mike Zweig, and Amanda Swanson Present. Also present was Utility Superintendent Tim Dornfeld, and Stan Jones.

Pledge of Allegiance was said.

Approve Minutes - Motion by Beth/Todd to approve the June 22, 2020 minutes as presented. Motion carried.  Motion by Beth/Amanda to approve the July 27, 2020 minutes as presented. Motion carried.

Citizen Comment – None.  

Easement on Stan Jones Property –Marty will check into prices for putting a berm in where the storm water runs into Stan’s field and causes flooding.  We will continue to look for previous information regarding any agreements between the Village of Clyman, Stan’s father-in-law (Henry Steffen) and the Railroad. The Village of Clyman needs to get rid of water and we need to make this right.

Fire Department Report– Amanda wanted to know what the fire horn was on page one of the reports, we will need to ask Erik about this. Beth asked Mike and Todd how the informational meeting of the Town Chairs and Village Presidents went on August 12th regarding the merger of the Fire Departments. They thought it went well, nothing is set in stone. Everyone is going to freeze their budgets for five years once the contract is signed.  There was also discussion on having separate budgets for EMS and the Fire Department.  The Board would like Eric to start breaking that out with this year’s budget so we can see what it will look like.

Delinquent Utility Accounts Report – No questions on the report.

Personnel Matters –Beth asked Tim if he had an SDS (Safety Date Sheets) binder, he does not so we will need to put together SDS binders for the shop, the Village Hall, and the wells.

Board members are to set up Gmail accounts so that all corespondence can be sent to board members and employees. These emails should be separate from any personal email. Tim is to also set up a Gmail account for the supervisor which will include the calendar. Board members should use “REPLY” and not “REPLY ALL” because of the walking forum law. These emails will be property of the Village of Clyman and email addresses and passwords should be given to Connie for the record.

Beth stated that she will be out of town, so the meeting this week on Thursday with Tim & Connie will be cancelled. We will resume the meeting on the following Thursday at 9 am.

Invoices for Payments – Motion by Amanda/Beth to pay the bills. Motion carried.

Budget report –Discussion on the fact that we should technically have 3 budgets, 1 for the Village, 1 for Water and 1 for Wastewater. This is something we are going to work towards putting together. The Board would like the Utility Superintendent to get a list together on anticipated projects and costs for the 2021 budget. We did receive the property tax payment on Monday and the Fire Truck payment is due on Thursday.

Superintendent Comment –Tim said there are some things that will need to be repaired or replaced. The valve box by Bruhn’s house has a cracked casingand will not allow me to get my valve wrench down. There is a valve on Collins St, the whole valve on the water main needs to be replaced.  Connie stated that there is $44K in the utility account and the $50K USDA payment is due in October. Tim stated he can work with it for now. We will postpone further discussion on the valve replacement and repairs to the September meeting.

Beth asked what the “reserve fund can be used for”? Connie said she has been trying to get clarification and will call again.

Tim is having problems with his Chlorinator and has rebuilt it twice. A new chlorinator will run around $700.00 the Board said to go ahead and purchase a new one. He stated he might need 2, but he thought only one.

Regarding the call from Jim Brandt, Tim went to his house today…vehicle was there, and garage was open, and I called his name, but he did not answer the door. Tim will keep trying to contact him to check his leak.

Next year we will need to do a full draw down for inspection and cleaning of the water tower, this will cost approximately 3-4 thousand dollars.  

Amanda brought up the parking by the corner of Klatt and Main St.  Amanda talked to Doyle; he will move the van but asked if we could change that to parallel parking.  Tim will measure the area and see if that can be done, we will postpone to the September meeting.

Marty would like to know what it costs to replace a curb stop and that we should set up a repair/maintenance schedule.

Correspondence - MPIC sent a letter informing us of some verbiage changes that will take place when the contract is renewed.

3% Water and Sewer Rate Increase – A motion by Beth/Mike to approve the 3% water and sewer rate increase and for Connie to fill out the application. Motion carried.

Condemning Property update –Amanda has not talked with GEC yet, and would like toPostpone until September meeting.

Next Meeting – Regular Village of Clyman Board Meeting is September 28, 2020 at 6:00p.m. and the

Joint meeting is October 13, at 7:00 p.m.

Adjournment –Motion by Beth/Amanda to adjourn this meeting. Motion carried.

Meeting adjourned 7:23 p.m.

                                                                                                                                Connie Kreitzman

                                                                                                                                Village of Clyman


Archive View all from: 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010