Connie Kreitzman
Village of Clyman
713 Morgan Street
PO Box 129
Clyman, WI 53016

Home : Village Meeting Minutes

Selected Village Meeting Minutes
Aug 26, 2013

August 26, 2013 – 6:00 PM

The regular monthly meeting was called to order at 6:00 PM by Village President Doug Hartman with Trustees Randy Roberts, Beth Baehmann, Marty Pint and Ed Wolff present.  Also present were John Andres from Baker Tilly Accounting Firm, Fire Chief Eric Howlett, Police Officer Peggy Kramer, Utility Superintendent Tim Dornfeld, Laurel Finger and Pam Rhodes.

The Pledge of Allegiance was said.

John Andres from Baker Tilly went through the financial reports for the General Fund and Utility Commission as prepared by his firm. 

Minutes – The minutes had previously been provided to Board Members.   Motion by Randy/Marty to approve the minutes as presented.  Motion carried. 

United Liquid Waste/Electric Request for Driveway off Collins Street– Eric Howlett of United Electric advised the Board that their companies would like to put in a driveway coming into their property off of Collins Street so as to take the truck traffic off of Morgan Street.  Kris advised that in checking the ordinances, they do have the right to put in the driveway off of Collins so the Board had no problems with the request and felt that there would be a lot less traffic on Morgan with the addition of the driveway off of Collins. 

Committee on Ordinance Recodification – Municipal Code has returned the recodified ordinances which the Board now needs to go through.  It was recommended that we form a committee from the various departments to complete this process.  The members appointed to the Committee are Beth Baehmann from the Board, Peggy Kramer from the Police Department, Laurel Finger from the Plan Commission, Eric Howlett from the Fire Department, Tim Dornfeld from the Utility Department and Clerk Kris Kohlhoff.  The Board would like a report by the next meeting date.

Police Report – Officer Peggy Kramer gave the report.  She reported that the neighborhood watch group response has been good.  The window decals have been created.  It is a relatively inexpensive cost and she felt that the Police Department Budget could handle it.  She is working on a neighborhood get together.  Doug asked about the slow down signs previously handed out that were then collected by the officers and Peggy said that she will talk with the sheriff on this.  Doug thanked her for doing such a good job with the watch.  She advised that she would like to expand the program to include landscaping safety.  

Eric Howlett advised that if they put the light in the park, the kids will probably break it and it might be better to look at a camera system which would probably be around a $1500 investment.  Marty indicated that there may still be a way that they could break them.  Eric will put a price together for lighting and cameras.  Tim asked about putting a camera at his pump house. 

Fire Department – Chief Eric Howlett gave the report.  He advised that they recently had the Bruni barn fire.  He reported that there was an injury suffered by an Ixonia fireman.  He will check on who is responsible for the injuries.  Eric advised that most of the turnout gear has now been replaced.  He advised the Board that in 2015-2016 he will have $50,000 to $70,000 in verbal commitments toward a new engine.  He suggested we talk to the town at the joint meeting about building repair and energy efficiency.  Doug asked about looking at used equipment and Eric advised that this could be a possibility.  Eric was questioned about whether the Fire Department could borrow on their own so as to not put the Village or Town in jeopardy with their borrowing power.  This will be looked into. 

Delinquent Utility Accounts – The amount of delinquent accounts for the month was $5,478.22.  Due to the passage of Act 25 by the Wisconsin Legislature, Kris advised that this will be the last report to the Board with the names of the delinquent customers.  She can provide a total amount but not the names of the customers.   

Utility Superintendent Comments – Tim advised that there have been some issues with the influent at the sewer plant.  He feels that it is giving false readings.  Discussion held on the high temp on the lift station panel and what can be done about it. 

Clerk’s Comments – Kris advised that Charter has notified her that free TV to the Village buildings will be discontinued.  She inquired if the Board would have an objection to her purchasing an antenna on her own to put on the TV and the Board did not have an issue with that.  Ed asked what was stated in the contract with Charter regarding services.  Kris advised that she will look into that and contact Charter.

Citizen Comment – Pam Rhodes asked about the meter installations and was advised that they are expected to begin within the month and customers will be notified prior to the installation.

Approval of Bills and Invoices for Payment – Ed asked about the repair bill for Luedtke Motors.  Motion by Beth/Marty to pay the bills and invoices as presented.  Motion carried.

Next Meeting Date – The next meeting date will be September 23, 2013 at 6:00 PM.

Motion by Beth/Marty to adjourn.  Motion carried.  Meeting adjourned at 7:45 PM.

                                                                                                Respectfully submitted:


                                                                                                Kris Kohlhoff


Archive View all from: 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010