Clerk/Treasurer

Connie Kreitzman
Village of Clyman
713 Morgan Street
PO Box 129
Clyman, WI 53016
920-696-3444
conniek@voclyman.com

Home : Village Meeting Minutes

Selected Village Meeting Minutes
Special Board Meeting
Nov 15, 2011

VILLAGE OF CLYMAN
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
November 15, 2011 – 5:30 PM


The meeting called to order by Village President Doug Hartman at 5:30 PM with Randy Roberts, Lorrie Hartman, and Joe Roberts present.   Mike Siegel came at 6:00.  Also present was Jeff Montpas of MSA Professional Services.

Jeff Montpas advised that the sewer rehab project was put out for bids.  Three companies responded.  Visu-Sewer was the lowest bidder.  Their base bid was just over $400,000.  Jeff went over the additions to the project including grouting the lateral connections up to both 36 & 72 inches up.  Jeff recommended that we go with the Sewer Rehab Option 1 which will cost $527,055.75.  If additional monies free up, we can go back to USDA and ask for their approval to reroute part of the sewer under Seneca.  Doug asked about having the attorney review the contract.  Jeff advised that the contract is the same as the previous one but the Board still felt Atty.  Hannan should review it.  Jeff will send it to Steve for his review. 

Doug asked about potential encounters with tree roots.  Jeff said generally this is covered unless there are extensive tree roots in a specific area. 

Visu-sewer did not provide any references but recommended we refer to information on their web page.  Jeff will call and get a list of references.  Jeff indicated that they are the cream of the crop for sewer relining. 

The bid will also cover concrete and blacktop replacement.  Once this is done, Tim should see a significant amount of clear water in the plant. 

Motion by Joe/Lorrie to enter into sewer rehab option No.  1 in the amount of $527,055.75.  Motion carried. 

Jeff figures it will be the middle of December before we get signed contracts back.  He will make sure that the people from Visu-Sewer are introduced to the Board.  Someone from MSA will be on site full time for the work on Territorial. 

Jeff indicated that on the previous Monday he met with the DNR at the lagoons.  There is about a day’s worth of sludge remaining in there.  They will start breaching the internal burm.  They will meet again on the following Monday.  Restoration won’t be able to be done until next  Spring. 

USDA Budget Documents – Kris advised that she received the forms for the sewer budget preparation from the USDA and sent it off to Baker Tilly.  They prepared the form.  It shows that we are going to be $13,450 short.  Kris advised that next year we will not have the $45,000 line of credit to pay back.  Motion by Lorrie/Randy to approve the sewer budget as prepared by Baker Tilly.  Motion carried. 

Motion by Lorrie/Joe to adjourn.  Motion carried.  Meeting adjourned. 

                                                                                                Respectfully submitted:

                                                                                                Kris Kohlhoff



Archive View all from: 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010